Friday 6 April 2012

From the ashes...

Hello everyone. It's been a while.

I've been meaning to resurrect this blog for ages, but it's taken me until now to actually sit down and write a blog post.

I'm still working at Souvenir Press - I'm on a 1 year contract and am making the most of my time there. I'm getting more involved with publicity work at the company, which is pretty cool, and so far the whole thing has been a really valuable experience. I'm due to finish in August, so I guess we'll see what happens.

I moved in with my boyfriend... and then we moved house. This is the second flat we've lived in, and we went from a furnished place to an unfurnished one, so we bought all our own furniture etc and the end result is a place that feels like our home. As a special treat for you, I'm going to post some photos. Of my bookshelves. Because they make me happy, and I'm sure you'll like them.

You'll notice two teddy bears and an easter egg on these shelves... There's a little bit of newly-found bookshelf space, and we needed some storage. The teddy bears are my boyfriend's from when he was little, but his parents are moving house right now so they've come back with us.
 All books here. As a rule, my favourite books go on the top two shelves. The third shelf here is poetry and books I don't really want - all of the orange Penguins here were given to me, and none of them really appeal, so they'll probably be read once and then taken to the charity shop (unless, of course, they end up being amazing).
And this is where living together means our bookshelves have combined. All of the computer/business books aren't mine. Or the DVDs. Lucky he doesn't have many books, really!

So, welcome back. Over the next few days I'm going to post a book review of my favourite book I've read each month so far this year, just as a way of catching up with myself, really. See you tomorrow (or... sometime in the next few days) for January's favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment